Legal Support In Business Disputes
The lawyers at The Weaver Law Firm work with business owners and officers to guide businesses to successful legal outcomes in a wide variety of matters. We represent businesses from formation, organization and onward, as they deal with all these issues:
- Buy-sell transactions
- Contract disputes
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Commercial collections
- Fraudulent conveyances
- Tortious interference
- Creditor’s rights
- Fraud and misrepresentation
- Professional liability
- Employment contracts and agreements
Even in extremely complex cases, which we handle frequently, we understand that cost can be a factor. By moving logically and efficiently through all challenges, we strive to provide cost-effective representation.
The Weaver Law Firm acts as general counsel to small and mid-size businesses in addition to representing large size businesses. We assist with incorporating new business, to negotiating and drafting all types of agreements. Our business lawyers assist clients in buying or selling businesses. We draft internal company documents like noncompete agreements and nonsolicitation agreements. The firm’s goal is to serve the complete legal needs of the entrepreneur and the business enterprise. Our services include:
- Business formation
- Start-up businesses
- Organizing limited liability companies
- Acting as outside general counsel
- Stock purchase agreements
- Asset purchase agreements
- Preparing shareholder agreements
- Preparing company agreements
- Drafting and reviewing employment agreements
- Advising boards of directors
- Drafting licensing agreements
- Buying and selling businesses
- Negotiating contracts
- Nonprofit corporations
Our lawyers can advise you regarding:
- Directors’ and officers’ liability
- Employee relations
- Franchising, reorganization
- Shareholders’ rights
- Registering a trade name and protecting a trade name
- Business successions
- Buy-sell agreements
One of the more recent and more popular causes of harm to a business include negative business reviews. Our law firm assists businesses in an effort to help remove negative online reviews.
When you run a business, you have many legal realities to face and just as much uncertainty. We want to help you get a bit more certainty by answering your most vital questions, such as:
What kind of business structure should I have?
Your business structure will depend on your individual priorities. However, your choices are as follows:
- Direct ownership/partnership: Individuals directly own the company without a separate entity. It’s simple, but your personal property may be at risk in a lawsuit.
- Corporation: This is the creation of a totally separate legal entity to run a business. It possesses total protection from liability for a company’s owners.
- Limited liability companies: This is often appropriate for professional practices. It offers some protection from liability but is not as comprehensive as a corporation.
Each option has its pros and cons, as well as different tax liability outcomes. It’s important to closely consider your options with us.
What do I do in a business dispute?
When you get into a dispute, whether it is with a business partner, a competitor, a customer or an employee, you must first take a step back. Any dispute is going to be costly, but acting on your own without advice can put you in a tricky situation.
Will I need an employee handbook?
The more employees you have, the more likely there may be conflict or a necessity for discipline. A strongly crafted employee handbook can help you in any of these situations. It can be the basis for many important actions, from discrimination to termination. So, while it is not necessarily a requirement for employing people, it is a good thing to have.
How do I move on from my company?
Everyone eventually finds it’s time to move on from a company, whether they retire or want to sell. Choosing your next step and seeing it through may require a succession plan. We can help you draft one.
Experience | Loyalty | Communication | Results
Results come first in business law matters. We have the experience to achieve them in even the most challenging cases. Nonetheless, our clients also appreciate the fact that we are loyal to their businesses and honest in our communication at all times.
From San Antonio to Houston, one Texas law firm delivers reliable legal solutions – The Weaver Law Firm, 713-572-4900.
Se habla español