- Managing Member
Mr. Weaver is a double Board-Certified attorney, certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has a focus on real estate law and complex business litigation, holding two board certifications: commercial real estate and residential real estate law. He has been engaged as a testifying expert by other attorneys including the Attorney General's Office of the State of Texas on real estate matters.
He is the go-to real estate lawyer for builders, developers, investors, buyers, and sellers of real estate for their property issues and disputes.
Other Texas attorneys choose Mr. Weaver as their lawyer because of his expertise in the field. In addition, Title companies like Fidelity National Title and Stewart Title continue to rely on him.
Mr. Weaver is a litigation attorney with a background dealing with diverse and complex cases. He has been successful in representing people and businesses in catastrophic injury cases. Mr. Weaver has experience in matters associated with the misappropriation, misuse and improper utilization of intellectual property. His litigation experience has involved complex business litigation and medical malpractice defense. Weaver has also represented large corporations in products litigation and injured plaintiffs in the prosecution of over 40 pharmaceutical products liability cases.
His involvement in the legal field began when he served as an aide to the Bexar County District Attorney's Office in San Antonio. He worked in the family violence unit designed to protect women and children. Mr. Weaver was born in San Antonio, Texas and obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree in English/Professional Writing from Baylor University. He then attended South Texas College of Law and received his Juris Doctorate.
Super Lawyers has continuously recognized Richard Weaver. Weaver has been named a "Texas Rising Star" by Texas Monthly, a distinction that is afforded to no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state of Texas.
Areas Of Practice
- Residential And Commercial Real Estate
- Construction Defects
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Residential Real Estate Law, The Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified – Real Estate Law – Commercial
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- Honors: Member, South Texas College of Law, Mock Trial Varsity Team
- Honors: Best Speaker, Gallagher, Lewis, Downey & Kim - Mock Trial Competition
- Honors: Undefeated Team, Advanced Civil Litigation - Mock Trial Competition
- Honors: Q-Finalist, Gallagher, Lewis, Downey & Kim - Mock Trial Competition
- Honors: Q-Finalist, Garland R. Walker - Mock Trial Competition
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- Major: English / Professional Writing
- Texas A&M study questions safety of drivers using voice-to-text technology., Financial Content, 2014
- Car accident preparation in Texas can reduce risk of legal issues., US Politics Today, 2014
- Cruise vacations are not always an adventure to paradise., Financial Content, 2013
- Fewer Texas motorcycle accident fatalities in 2012., Digital Journal, 2013
- "Invading Nicaragua: An Analysis of an Investment Opportunity" (Co-Author), Houston Commerce Magazine (Houston, Texas), March, 2004
- Cover Story: Interview with Massey Villarreal., Houston Commerce Magazine (Houston, Texas), April, 2004
- Keeping Safety Afloat on Texas Waterways, Hometown News [Waco], 1999
Honors and Awards
- Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Star
Professional Associations and Memberships
- HYLF, Trustee, Board of Trustees
- Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Galleria Chamber of Commerce, Past Member, Economic Development Committee
- American Bar Association, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Second Baptist Church, Associate Deacon and Member
- Family Life Center, Second Baptist Church, Member, Advisory Committee
- Phi Alpha Delta