Local news has reported that a Pearland, Texas man was burned and injured after a propane canister exploded. The propane canister was located in his garage when it exploded. That was when his garage caught on fire. It happened in the 5100 block of Rockland. Luckily, this explosion did not lead to a wrongful death case. Still, a personal injury did occur.
Around 3 p.m., the Pearland resident cooked inside his garage. That was when the propane tank exploded. How did this happen? Was the tank a defective product? Was the grill to which the tank was connected defective? Was the line that connects the tank to the BBQ grill defective?
Luckily, the man only suffered minor burns to his hands and face. The burns could have been lot worse. He was taken to a hospital for treatment. We too often hear about explosions that lead to wrongful death cases. We are glad this man escape major injury.
The Pearland resident also suffered from property damage. The garage was damaged by fire. Luckily, Pearland’s excellent firefighters put out the blaze was quickly.
The victim’s daughter escaped injury by being inside the house at the time of the explosion. While Pearland authorities say the incident appears to be an accident, it is doubtful that they will identify a defective product. A more thorough investigation needs to be taken. Attorneys often employ the services of experts to determine whether a defective product exists.
If you have questions about defective products or serious injury cases, feel free to contact a Texas lawyer.
– Article By Richard Weaver