A severe tramatic brain injury (TBI) can happen with a prolonged unconscious state or coma. It can be life threatening. These incidents can occur from car or truck accidents. Experience Texas personal injury attorneys that deal with head injuries can explain the complications in a legal capicity. A doctor can explain the medical terms and further details regarding symtoms and care.
The injured person may be in a coma like state for days, weeks or months. Is is common for the injured to suffer from amnesia after the injury. Severe TBIs are further classified in subgroups with certain features. For example: Coma, Vegetative State, Persistent Vegetative State, Minimally Responsive State and a few others including Akinetic Mutism and Locked-In Symdrome. These subgroups each have different descriptive attributes.
5 Symptoms of Severe Traumatic Brain Injury:
1. A TBI victim clasified as sever will be unable to follow simple commands.
2. Arousal may be present but the person’s ability to interact with their envoronment is not.
3. The person will have weak or absent motor responses.
4. The injured person will show primitive reflexes and responses to painful stimulation.
5. There may also be abnormal posturing.
This is not an all inclusive list.
Since there are no two TBIs that are identical, it is important to consult an attorney to take and evaluate each traumatic brain injury case independently. When it is the result of a workplace injury or a car accident injury occuring in Texas, certain needs and interests need to be considered. If you have questions, call us at 713-572-4900 or 713-572-4900.
– Article By Richard Weaver