Because Results Matter

The construction industry is fraught with costly legal traps. Let us guide you around the danger spots, and take your side when trouble arises.

What to do after a knee injury from a slip and fall incident.

On Behalf of | Apr 28, 2014 | Brain Injury |

Slip and fall accidents take people by surprise. Whether you were shopping at a Houston or a San Antonio, Texas store, working, visiting a friend’s house, or doing one of the many normal things on real property, a personal injury is not expected. The real property where the injury occurred may be owned or managed by a person or company that should have prevented the victim from a slip, fall, and physical pain. Yet these incidents still happen. In order to determine the extent of a potential knee injury, the injured person should first see a physician. In order to help determine liability in a premise case, turn to an experienced Texas slip and fall lawyer.

What are five symptoms that could mean a knee injury is serious? A doctor will be able to examine a knee and diagnose injury, if a slip and fall victim has one. The following are some symptoms that may lead a person to contact a doctor for an evaluation, diagnosis, and possible treatment plan:

•   Pain.

•   Swelling, warmth and/or redness.

•   Difficulty walking.

•   Trouble straightening your leg at the knee.

•   Trouble bearing weight on the leg with the injured knee. 

If there are additional concerns about a potential knee injury or other body part, these concerns should also be brought to your doctor’s attention. Some slip and fall incidents can result in a head or brain injury. A doctor may be able to recommend treatment for specific injuries that can include rest, surgery, physical therapy, and other suggestions to ease pain and aid in physical recovery.

When it is a good time to call a Texas lawyer that has experience in slip and fall incidents? If your knee injury is causing you pain or keeping out of work or your normal daily living activities after a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, then it is time to contact a Houston lawyer.

     Article by Richard D. Weaver, Texas Lawyer.


FindLaw Network