The construction industry is fraught with costly legal traps. Let us guide you around the danger spots, and take your side when trouble arises.

Vacuum Accident Leaves Beaumont Worker with Severe Burn Injuries

| Jan 3, 2014 | Wrongful Death |

A 39 year-old Beaumont woman is recovering following an unfortunate work accident that occurred Thursday morning. Fortunately, this is not a case of wrongful death.

The woman, who was working at a department store in Parkdale Mall, was using a backpack vacuum cleaner when the power cable suddenly shorted setting her clothing on fire. Emergency personnel in the Beaumont area treated the woman. before she was airlifted to a Galveston burn unit for further treatment of her second and third degree burns. We send her prayers for a speedy recovery.

Could this accident have been the result of a product defect? If so, the worker could have a claim for product liability. It is also possible that the worker’s employer was not properly servicing the cleaning equipment or the building’s electrical system was not adequately maintained. If that were the case, the employer or the facility owner could be held responsible for the woman’s injuries.

Although this is not a wrongful death incident, the pain and recovery time that this woman has endured and will continue to endure in addition to other loses, should be reason enough to investigate this matter further. In addition, this woman will likely have permanent scarring that could hinder her from normal enjoyment of life.

Injuries are not exclusive to work areas. If you have suffered an injury due to another’s negligence and have questions regarding your rights, you should contact a Houston personal injury lawyer at 713-572-4900 or 210-800-6049 for the San Antonio area.

  – Article By Richard Weaver

Contact us today