The Weaver Law Firm

Houston 713.454.7875

san antonio 210.807.8932

What doctors should I see for back pain after a car accident?

You have been in a car accident and now experience back pain. What do you do? What type of medical care should you seek? Find the right kind of back pain treatment if you are in a Texas city like Houston or San Antonio. These cities are known for their medical care providers. If you are suffering from back pain, consult your doctor. Did you know that back pain is one of the most common medical problems in the United States? Approximately 25% of U.S. adults experience a day of back pain in any given three-month period.

What types of doctors can help?

Primary Care Doctors. Men and women that experience back pain are likely to see their family doctor or primary care doctor after a car accident. Your primary care doctor can prescribe medications and recommend non-drug treatments.

Orthopedic Surgeons. Orthopedic surgeons provide care for the areas of the body: joints, muscles or bones. They are specialists in treating back pain. Your doctor may refer you to an orthopedic surgeon, but it does not signal the need for surgery. Orthopedic surgeons may use rehabilitation, exercise and medications. They aim to prevent further injury.

Physical Therapists. It would not be a surprise to find out that a little more than half of people that experience back pain, visited a physical therapist. Physical medicine and physical therapy is one of the main components of treating back pain. Physical therapy can help people achieve enough pain relief to return to daily activities. Stretching and strengthening exercises can help relieve pain by building muscle strength and restoring flexibility.

Chiropractors. Chiropractors are popular providers for back pain relief. Chiropractors use spinal manipulation. With this practice, chiropractors mobilize, adjust, massage or stimulate the spine, muscles and tissues. This type of treatment is often popular for soft tissue injuries or certain spine injuries

Neurologists and Neurosurgeons. Neurologists and neurosurgeons work in the area of disorders of the brain and nervous system. People that experience back pain with symptoms of nerve involvement may be helped by a neurologist or a neurosurgeon.

If you have questions about personal injury law, feel free to contact a Houston, Texas lawyer at 713-572-4900.

  Article By Richard Weaver

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

awards & recognition

  • Avvo Rating 10.0 superb
  • Houstonia Top lawyers
  • Super Lawyers

1800 Bering Drive, Suite 1050
Houston, TX 77057

Toll Free: 866-597-2280
Houston Law Office Map

san antonio

8000 I.H. 10 West, Suite 600

San Antonio, Texas 78230

Phone: 210-807-8932
Fax: 713-513-5566

By Appointment Only